History of the Nowra Lions Club Inc.
The Club was formed on the 29th October, 1958, and chartered on the 9th January 1959. Nowra Lions Club owes its existence to a handful of dedicated Lions from Wollongong Lions Club, who together with prospective members held the Formation Meeting at the Prince of Wales Hotel, now Best & Less Department Store, Junction Street.
During the past 55 years we have had great Fellowship and Lionism in Nowra, and we celebrated our 50th Year in 2009 with 29 members and friends of Lions. This year, we again look forward to continuing our success in Catering to the Many, Caring for our Families and Community and encouraging our Youth of Tomorrow
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability, fundraising for worthwhile causes - Supporting the Community of Nowra.
Lions Clubs are part of community life, in the cities and in the country. Clubs are easily identified by their distinctive Logo, the trademark of our International Association, and the 'We Serve'; motto.
Lions Australia is part of an international association, filled with people who are joined by the common desire to make their communities better, by using their creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
Membership is open to all people of the community in good standing.
We invite you to listen to some short audio messages about Lions Clubs.
Here is brief 30 second video about Lions Clubs in Australia.
Lions Clubs Australia